Friday, July 24, 2009

Nothing Wasted...

I HATE wasting anything...food, money, time.

I had about 4 tupperware full of left over broccoli that I didn't want to waste. So I looked up a recipe for a broccoli casserole, and made my own revisions.

I mixed:
Broccoli
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Mayonnaise
I looked in my pantry, and I had 3 bags of crumbs of chips. Brian eats all the whole ones, and leaves the crumbs :)

So for the crust, I crushed the chips into smaller pieces, spread them on the top and added melted butter on top.
It turned out really good!! The casserole had a mexican-green-bean-casserole taste. I liked it!

The best part is is the cost!
Broccoli - ~$.25 (bought on sale at Target, $.33 for a HUGE thing)
Soup - ~$.25
Cheese - FREE
Mayo - FREE
Chips - ~$.25 (the whole bag was $1.00)

So the next time you decide to throw food away, see if you can make a brand new dish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment