At the start of the new year, I listed my personal & financial goals HERE. I have printed and posted these in my closet so I look at them EVERY DAY! It helps me keep motivated and on track. At the end of every month, I will be posting an update. Here are my March results:
Personal: (a lot of these are continuous)
* Lose 30 lbs - I have lost 12 pounds since 1/1/12. Slow and steady wins the race, right?
* Cut coke from Diet - No drop of coke since 1/1/12.
* Eat more fish - I’ve been eating tuna for lunch a few times a week.
* Spend more time reading and relaxing - I have been taking time out of my evening to lounge on the couch with my blanket, a cup of hot, green tea and a book. In January I read Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. In February, I read 168: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam. In March, I read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I read this book in my leadership class in college, so I thought I might revisit it. I'm all about self-improvement.
* Load dishes in dishwasher as we dirty them - Honestly, we have slacked off this month, but not to the point where dishes are piled up. I plan to get back on track in April.
* Research home flipping and put together business model - I still have my outline from February, but have done nothing more in March.
* Earn extra $600-$1,000 by any means possible - In March, we earned an extra $141.50 from our garage sale. Grand total earned since January 1st: $561.75. I'm hopeful we will meet our $600-$1,000 goal for the year.
Save & Pay Cash for Spring Break Trip - We stayed in DFW for spring break this year. We did go fishing one day, but all we paid for were drinks and snacks, plus 2 fishing licenses - less than $100. Oh, and our fresh fish tasted SO GOOD!
* Pay off school loans - DONE in February!
* 3 months of expenses saved in Emergency Fund
* Start IRA, Contribute monthly
* Start investing ($150/month) - We are going to cut this so we can concentrate on saving for the other things...like a family :)
* Save & Pay Cash for Summer Vacation - We purchased our 5 yr anniversary vacation this month. We put it on the credit card BUT we do have the available cash to pay it off next month. We used our credit card because we got 5% cash back! If we already have the cash to pay it off WHY NOT use our card?
* Save & Pay Cash for New Car - see explanation HERE
* Walk Dusty Bottoms (our dog) more - We haven't been walking him as much this month...poor puppy.
**NEW** Pay cash for Brian's Master's Degree - Brian will start his master's program in June. We plan to pay cash for each class for the next 18 months.
With our $800 worth of repairs needed in February, we had to replenish our Emergency Fund in March, meaning we weren't able to save as much as we wanted to. BUT - we look on the bright side...we have no debt and are actually saving for things!
Sacrifice today for a better tomorrow!
Enjoy the FREE savings?