January 1st of the new year is always a time of reflection, renewal, and changing things that can make you a better person. I enjoy setting goals at the beginning of each new year.
Brian and I recently had a “family business meeting” to discuss financial matters and of course goals. This year, I am going to print and post our 2012 goals out in the open so we will ALWAYS be reminded of what we need to be doing. Here is the list we came up with for the year 2012:
- Start Masters Program (June)
- Lose 50 lbs
- Get Special ed teaching certification
- Get History teaching certification
- Lose 30 lbs
- Cut coke from Diet
- Eat more fish
- Spend more time reading and relaxing
- Load dishes in dishwasher as we dirty them (The idea is to always have an empty sink!)
- Research home flipping and put together business model
- Earn extra $600-$1,000 by any means possible
- Save & Pay Cash for Spring Break Trip
- Pay off school loans (Making us 100% debt free, not including our house)
- 3 months of expenses saved in Emergency Fund
- Start IRA, Contribute monthly
- Start investing ($150/month)
- Save & Pay Cash for Summer Vacation
- Save & Pay Cash for New Car
- Walk Dusty Bottoms (our dog) more
Brian once told me (while we were dating), “Big goals are just small goals put together.” GENIUS! If we don’t divide our goals up, map it out or outline how we are going to get there, we just might not achieve anything. So within each goal, we will list the small steps we can take to get to that ultimate goal.
- Bathroom re-do, additional sink
- Cash for new Washer & Dryer
- Cash for new coffee table, entertainment center, kitchen table
- Cash for Lasik for Leah - yay!
We might not be able to do any of the extra stuff, but it's good motivation. All I really want this year is a NEW CAR!
What are your 2012 goals?
Enjoy the FREE savings?