Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Green Bean Casserole - on a budget!!

In light of my recent post, and in thinking about Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share a great deal on a simple recipe!

One of my favorite dishes is GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE!!

Here is how you can make this dish with spending little out of pocket!

*I usually make mine with 2 cans of soup & 3 cans of green beans...we have a large family*

3 cans of green beans at Target (details HERE) = $.60

2 cans of Campbell's Mushroom soup at Target = $.48
*Deal*
Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup - $.49
- Use $1/4 Printable Coupon
= $.24 each

I know people like to put different things on the top of the dish, like fried onions. These can vary in price, but typically run around $2-$4, depending on the size. Go HERE for French's Fried Onion MFQ. Or you could try an off-brand.

*UPDATE: I totally forgot, French's Fried Onions 2.8oz are $.99 with in ad coupon at Walgreens this week. There is a $.50 printable and a $.50 MFQ from the 11/8 SS insert, making them $.49 each. I'd probably need to get 2-3 of these for the size dish I make.

Thanks, Tracey for the reminder!

So...
$.60 - Green Beans
$.48 - Soup
$1.47 - Fried Onions (updated, see above)

= $2.55 total

This general serves 10-12 people, which is ~$.21 per serving. Not bad!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah, the onions are on sale this week at Walgreens for $.99 with in ad coupon. Use the manufacturer coupon with that (this is allowed for those that didn't know) from the 11/8 Smart Source Sunday insert...it is $.50/1 or $1/1 depending on region I think. Makes the onions only $.50 and you can get 2 or 3 (limits per Wags). Thanks! Tracey

    ReplyDelete