Friday, November 13, 2009

Operation Christmas Child 2009

Ever since I was little, I remember being so excited to buy Christmas stuff for someone else. I can remember going to the mall in November, and grabbing an "angel" from the Angel Tree. Then I would go to Wal-Mart and buy items for somebody. My mom always says, "There are people less privileged than myself, so be grateful for what I have."

Every year, through our church home, Bethesda Community Church, we participate in Operation Christmas Child.

Operation Christmas Child brings joy and hope to children in desperate situations worldwide through simple, gift-filled shoe boxes and the Good News of God’s love.

I love doing this every year, and now that I have developed quite a "stash" from couponing, I am able to give more than I have in the past. In fact, I was able to fill 3 boxes for me and my husband, and 4 boxes for my mom and dad.

Here is a picture of some of the items we put in our boxes:I had tons of hi-lighters, pens, pencils, writing pads, batteries, lip gloss & chapstick, bars of soap, deodorant, toothpastes, toothbrushes, and little, fun knick-knacks.

We were able to make 1 boy & 2 girl boxes :)Then we did go buy some socks and a toy of some sort. I just love doing stuff like this, and I am so grateful that I have the knowledge, skill and tenacity to stock up on these free or cheap items I get from couponing, so I can give to other people.

If you have a "plethora" of items that you would like to give away, consider doing it through an organization like Samaritan's Purse - Operation Christmas Child. You will touch the lives of many children!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us know about this. Since you're a big reason why I even have a plethora of stuff, it seems only fitting that I use your idea to give it away!!

    ReplyDelete