Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kroger Daytona Event 2/19 - FREE + $3.86 Profit

I was able to print and cut some more coupons to get in on the Daytona 500 Event, so here is what I did:

Go HERE for coupon matchups.

Transaction #1:
3 Purex Detergent - $2.49 each
2 Gatorade - $1.00 each
1 Oreo Cookies - $2.97
4 Pillsbury Grands - $1.29 each
2 Pillsbury Sweet Rolls - $2.17 each (not part of Daytona Event, but part of Catalina promotion)

-$3.00 for buying 10 participating items
-Used (3) $.35 Purex printables
-Used (2) $.50 Gatorade MFQ
-Used (1) FREE Oreo Cookies I won HERE
-Used (2) $.30 off 2 Pillsbury Grands
-Used (2) $.95 Pillsbury Sweet Rolls printable
-I had (2) $.30 off 2 Pillsbury Grands Shortcuts eCoupon come off
-I had (1) $.40 off 2 Pillsbury Sweet Rolls Shortcuts eCoupon come off
-Used $5.00 catalina from HERE

Paid $.73, got back $4.00 catalina for buying 6 Pillsbury items

Transaction #2:
Olive Oil - $3.69
No Yolk Noodles - $1.89
Bananas – $.82

-Used $.75 No Yolk printable
-Used $4.00 catalina from transaction #1

Paid $1.32
Will get back $.50 in my UPromise account from buying the No Yolk noodles.

Well after transaction #1, I was supposed to get a $5.00 catalina for buying 3 Purex detergent. And for some reason it didn’t print. So I went up to the service desk and asked about it. The guy asked if I got the information online because sometimes they are wrong. HAHA I said that I’ve done the transaction before and got the catalina so I know it works. So he called his manager to see what he was supposed to do. The manager told him to just give me a $5.00 GC. So then he proceeded to put $5.00 on a card, and I asked if tax was going to be on there because when I use a catalina coupon, it takes tax off. So I basically asked if $.41 more cents could be added. And he DID!

So basically, I left Kroger paying $2.05, will get $.50 in my UPromise account, and a $5.41 Kroger giftcard.

I profited $3.86 from buying all this stuff!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I wondered about that... I did the Grands & Purex tonight, got my $4 pillsbury catalina, but not the Purex one. Wish I would've know that customer service would have done something! :( Guess I'll be calling them tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete