Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kroger Mega Event - Round 3 (I think I have a problem...)

And the sad thing is...I'm not even done shopping during the Mega Event. I still have several coupons to use up!

Here is what I got today - Done in 2 different transactions:
* = Mega Event

Transaction #1:
1 No Yolk Noodles - $1.89
2 *SoBe LifeWater - $1.00 each
8 *Quaker Quakes - $1.00 each
1 Kroger Wheat Flour - $2.19

-$5.00 for Mega Event
-Used $8.54 in coupons

Paid $.39 out of pocket
Will get back $.75 in my UPromise account.

**********************************

Transaction #2:
2 *SoBe LifeWater - $1.00 each
8 *Quaker Quakes - $1.00 each
1 Kroger White Flour - $1.88
1 dozen Eggs - $1.39 (not pictured)

-$5.00 for Mega Event
-Used $7.00 in coupons

Paid $1.19 out of pocket

Now I've been asked before - Why do you buy all this food with just 2 people in your family?

Here is my answer - I am a huge fan of stockpiling. When I find a good deal on a product that is at a rock bottom price, I will buy multiples of them. I can't tell you how many times I have run out of deodorant or body wash, ziploc bags, paper towels, dishwasher detergent...and all I had to do was grab another one from my stash. This beats spending a crap ton of money on something you NEED at the moment, and it's probably not on sale.

I also buy things when I can make a profit. For example: each one of those Quaker Quakes was $1.00, but when I bought 10 ("participating items") they became only $.50. But on the Mega Deal, it just shows -$5.00 off your total, not $.50 off each item.

So in essence, they were:
$1.00 each
-$.75 manufacturer coupon
-$.50 for the Mega Deal
= -$.25
So each bag was -$.25, only to come off some other product. This is called overage! Because of this I was able to get 2 5lb. bags of flour, 1 dozen eggs, and pasta for SUPER cheap.

In fact, I paid $.83 total (after $.75 deposit into my Upromise account). How often can you buy 2 5lb. bags of flour, 1 dozen eggs, and pasta for that much without coupons?? Probably NEVER!!

I bought those 16 bags of Quaker Quakes so I could get the overage on my other items.

Anyways, I do have a lot of food and household items stockpiled around my house. I would rather have that than spend tons of money!

Go HERE to see my Round 2 trip.
Go HERE to see my Round 1 trip.
Go HERE to see Kroger Mega Event deals and coupon matchups.

No comments:

Post a Comment