Monday, June 7, 2010

Banana Stumped?

Between the 2 of us, we just can't seem to eat bananas fast enough before they go bad. I personally like the almost green ones, so the moment they start getting spots, I tend to not eat them. I HATE wasting food, so I found a few ways to use them up when they start to go bad.

I "swagbucksed" banana recipes and found a couple ideas:

1) Banana Bread/Muffins
DUH - of course you can make this. Well if you have a plethora of bananas you need to get rid of, make some muffins or bread, freeze it, and you've got some quick breakfast ideas whenever you like.

I went to Aldi the other day, and they had bananas marked down to $.25 PER BAG because they were getting real old. Not knowing what I would do with them, I decided to buy ONE bag. (Should have bought more, but oh well). After finding THIS recipe, I thought I'd try my hand at making Banana Ice Cream. Here it goes:

1) Find some ripe Bananas


2) Peel the Bananas


3) Cut & Arrange, and Place the Bananas in the freezer for a few hours


4) Place the Bananas in a blender or food processer. Make sure they become smooth & creamy.  I added some extra things to my ice cream: vanilla & coconut extract & cinnamon. Some people add peanut butter as well.
You can either eat the ice cream then & there, or place it in the freezer again to harden up. I chose freezer.

5) After a few hours, you have hardened, tasty, wonderful, yummy, Banana Ice Cream.  Mine tastes REALLY good!!


Enjoy!!

Enjoy the FREE savings?
Subscribe & get updates sent directly to you  HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment