Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Homemade English Muffin Turnout!

Brian and I have been wanting to eat more oats, grains, wheat, etc. And I've been trying to get Brian to eat more breakfast. I believe a good, healthy breakfast is a good way to start your day. I used THIS English Muffin Recipe, added some whole wheat flour, and they turned out fabulously. I was able to get around 16 muffins out of this recipe. Since it's only Brian and myself, and we don't consume food fast enough, I kept 3 in the pantry and froze the rest.
I cut some plastic into squares and placed them in between the top and bottom part so they don't freeze together. Yes - I'm that anal and that smart!
In the mornings, we pop these in the microwave for 30 seconds, add some turkey bacon and low-fat cream cheese, and voila!

If you get some time, try making these yourself. They are MUCH healthier and cheaper than store bought.

Enjoy the FREE savings?
Subscribe & get updates sent directly to you  HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment