By popular demand, here is my Pizza Cupcake recipe.
My husband was recently hired on to be a teacher/coach at a middle school, so I have been thinking of fun ways to pack his lunch and snacks. Brian loves my homemade pizza, so that got my brain churning.
The recipe is really nothing special. I just took the pizza and squished it into a cupcake/muffin pan. What's great about this recipe is it's versatility. You can add any ingredients you want. You can make a meat lovers pizza or a veggie pizza...anything really.
Pizza Sauce (we use our plethora of Ragu)
Any meats and/or veggies
Directions (makes ~24):
1. Line 24 cupcake cups (2 12ct pans) with pam and/or cornmeal.
2. Divide the dough in 1/2. You should be able to get 12 dough cups out of each 1/2, for a total of 24. (I do this to help me better gauge the number.)
3. Roll out each 1/2 of the dough as thin as you can in order to make 12 cutouts. Cut 12 circles into the dough that will fit inside a muffin cup. I just used a circular tupperware bowl as my "cutter."
4. Place each circle of dough in the cup and pat with finger to make it fit and snug.
5. First, fill each cupcake with a small spoonful of pizza sauce.
6. Then start layering with cheese, meat, veggies, sauce, cheese, meat, veggies until it reaches the top of the cup.
Bake at 425 for 15-20 min.
Yum!! Brian loves these - hopefully you will too.
Enjoy the FREE savings?