Friday, July 30, 2010

Financial Friday: Once a Month Cooking

Have you heard of "Once A Month Cooking?" I've been super intrigued by this idea. I've tried it a few times at a smaller scale, haven't gotten the hang of it, but I will keep trying.

How does this apply to Financial Friday? Well, cooking "once a month" can save you:
*Time - thought, preparation, cook time, clean up, dishes
*Money - eating at home (duh), bills (electricity, gas, water, etc)
*Sanity! - 'nuf said!

Cooking meals ahead of time can be a life saver. Sometimes I come home from a long day of teaching and have no desire to cook! I can just pull a meal out of the freezer and pop it in the oven...that's it!

I first got started on OAMC from reading THIS POST! I only spent a couple hours preparing these potatoes. For a month's worth of potatoes, I probably saved myself several hours of preparation, clean up, electricity-HEAT. You know how long baking potatoes takes?

These were quite convenient for lunches too!!

So there's an idea to get you started on "Once a Month Cooking!"

Oh...and if you REALLY get inspired, check out THIS SITE!! I definitely am not at this level yet...maybe one day!

Enjoy the FREE savings?
Subscribe & get updates sent directly to you  HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment