Monday, January 31, 2011

Meal Planning - February: Week 1

Of all the organizing and planning I do, one thing I am NOT good at is meal planning. I've always wanted to try it. Eventually I want to get to the point where I can cook in bulk so I spend less time in the kitchen, or plan my meals by what meat is on sale that week...but I'll get there one day. Gotta start somewhere, right?

This month, we are going to try to plan meals for the week in advance. Hopefully this will keep us from eating out (especially Chick-fil-A) and keep us more organized.

We both teach during the day/week, so we just take a sandwich to school for lunch, and we grab something quick and easy for breakfast. So most of our meals will be dinner. We go out to eat as a family, with the Grandparents every Tuesday evening and Sunday afternoon.

Here's my plan for the week:

February Meal Planning – Week 1
Mon, 31:
Dinner – Homemade Pizza, Side Salad

Tues, 1:
Dinner – Family Meal with Grandparents
**update: The roads are really bad, so the family did not go out to eat tonight.  Instead, I decided to make Chicken Pot Pie.**

Wed, 2:
Dinner – Loaded Baked Potato, Veggies

Thurs, 3:
Dinner – BBQ Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Side Salad

Fri, 4:
Dinner – Chicken Casserole

Sat, 5:
Lunch – Chicken Sandwich, French Fries, Broccoli (Homemade Chick-fil-A)
Dinner – Mexican Burritos with Salsa, Side Salad

Sun, 6:
Lunch – Family Meal with Grandparents
Dinner – Large Salad with Breadsticks

Enjoy the FREE savings?
Subscribe & get updates sent directly to you  HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment