Thursday, May 26, 2011

EASY Mashed Potato Soup Recipe

My husband recently graduated from college, and I threw him a graduation lunch for our families. I cooked about 15 pounds of mashed potatoes, and had a bit left over. I'm all about "repurposing" meals, so I thought I'd try to make Mashed Potato Soup. I found a simple Rachael Ray recipe that was FANTASTIC!! I adjusted the recipe a bit--I like things easy!

Cook 4-6 slices bacon, crumbled (I used turkey bacon-and I microwaved them)
4 Tbsp - Butter
1 medium Onion, chopped
1 can chicken stock (I didn't have enough taters to use 2 cans, so I added water and a bouillon cube)
Leftover mashed potatoes (eye ball it!)
8 oz - Shredded yellow cheddar cheese
Chopped chives, for garnish

Add crumbled bacon & the remaining ingredients (except chives) in a crock pot and let cook for 30-45 minutes. We liked ours a little chunkier and not so watery, which is why I only added 1 can of chicken stock. We ate this with a side salad and some homemade bread. Brian absolutely loved it, and gave me the OK to make it again!

Enjoy the FREE savings?
Subscribe & get updates sent directly to you  HERE

1 comment:

  1. The leftover mashed potatoes you had last night's dinner must not be put to waste. I remember that my buddies served that to one of my friends who just had her tooth extracted.

    ReplyDelete