Sunday, October 25, 2009

Eating at Restaurants...the smart way!


Dear Readers,

Some words of wisdom…

My husband and I try to not go out to eat at restaurants, but when we do, we try to go somewhere we have a coupon.

Sometimes we get invited to eat somewhere with friends and family. Before we go, we will look to see if we have a coupon for that specific restaurant. Some great sources for restaurant coupons are:
- Entertainment Book
- Newspaper, especially Sunday
- RedPlum weekday inserts that come in the mail
- Internet (Facebook)
- Restaurants

My mom and I went to Souper Salad the other day. They ALWAYS have coupons in the Sunday newspaper. And my mom and I just love Souper Salad! My mom had a coupon for the both of us, and then the cashier gave us 2 more coupons. AND she even said “Even if the coupons expire, we will still accept them.” YAY!!

Then my family went to OC Burger the other day. Brian and I couldn’t find a coupon in our “stash” or online. So we called the restaurant, and asked if they had any coupons. The lady said they didn’t have any out, but if you come in and tell them we are a fan on facebook, we will get 15% off our order. SWEET!!

So here’s my words of wisdom:
Restaurants are dying for people to come in and spend money at their location, so they will do anything to bring you in. If you plan to go out to eat, call ahead, ask for a manager and see if they can give you any special deal.

* Ask if they have any coupons available.
* Ask if they have any special deals going on, ie. bring in canned goods for 15% off your total order.
* Ask if they take expired coupons. If they don’t, say “well, I was planning on bringing in my family of 6, but since you won’t accept my coupon, I will just have to take my business elsewhere.”

You would be surprised as to what managers will tell you, what kind of incentives they will give you, just to get you in the door to spend money at their restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment