Saturday, January 2, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge

Several bloggers have started an Eat from the Pantry Challenge for the month of January. I was just thinking I needed to do this - then I came across this blog entry. What a coincidence!

As you know, Brian and I are trying to save up for a house (HERE). That is one of our 2010 goals! One of the ways we plan to do this is to eat from the pantry during January, and only buy the staples that we need like milk, cheese, fruit, etc. I think we can manage it. I will have to get creative, but I'm up for the challenge.

By doing this, we can save the money that we would spend to go towards saving for the house. We do have quite a stockpile and can live off of that for a while, so if we do this for several months, we can save quite a bit of money.

With that being said, we are also going to try to not eat out this month. This is SUPER hard for us to do because I come from a family that eats out ALL the time, and we don't have any kids, so it's easy for us to want to go out on "dates."

So if you have been stockpiling for a while, and have some food you need to use up, DO IT! You will be able to save a lot of money this month.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. Thanks for this challenge.
    Do you know anyone that has done The Grocery Store Game? I could probably figure out deals on my own. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete