Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Weight Loss Goal

OK, I’m going to go ahead and verbalize a goal of mine. Because they say you are more likely to achieve your goal if you tell someone or write it down. So I’m doing this to help keep myself accountable.

I would like to lose 50 pounds. And honestly, I don’t know if I have 50 pounds to lose, but I am going to try it. I am decreasing my calories, exercising, but I am also lifting weights so I’ll lose inches but more than likely the scale won’t read I’ve lost as many “pounds” as I would like to see. But I will be able to tell with how my clothes fit.

I have set some small goals with small rewards to help me achieve this. After all it’s a marathon, not a sprint. This is not just about losing weight but living a better, healthier lifestyle.

I started last week, so I have already been doing this for one week.

Goal #1: No sugar, More water/Less caffeine, Work out 2 hours a week, Eat more fish.
No sugar is going to be hard for me. Over the last week I’ve been doing this, I’ve started to notice how much sugar I intake, from sugary cereal, little candies, desserts, Sonic drinks, etc. I’ve been eating fruits as my dessert, or chewing flavorful gum! I don’t drink regular cokes, I drink diet, however I bought some caffeine free, diet Dr. Pepper and have been drinking that, and also water with flavor packets. I borrowed my parents’ stationary bike and have been doing 30 min a day. I am NOT a huge fish fan, however I have made a goal of eating fish at least once a week, 1 meal. Believe me, that’s a struggle for me.

FYI: I absolutely HATE running in the cold weather. I’m a singer and always have a hard time with my tonsils when I would run outside then come inside to a cold house. I’d have to go to the doctor, take some pills, etc. I was miserable. Therefore…I HATE running in the cold weather.

Goal #2: Lose 2 pounds per week – VERY DOABLE!!
By doing all those things in goal #1, I should be able to lose 2 pounds per week. 2 pounds per week is a very healthy, steady weight loss goal. Anything more I might risk putting weight back on after I’ve lost it, anything less I’m probably not working as hard as I should.

Goal #3: Lose 10 pounds by Saturday, February 13th
Week 1: 1/10-1/16 – DONE – lost 2 pounds
Week 2: 1/17-1/23 –
Week 3: 1/24-1/30 –
Week 4: 1/31-2/6 –
Week 5: 2/7-2/13 –
REWARD – Manicure/Pedicure
**I need a pedi right now, so the harder I work the faster I can get the pedi. That is motivating me to lose 10 pounds faster!**

**Goal #4: Lose 20 pounds by Saturday, March 20th** BIG GOAL!!!
REWARD – Massage

Goal #5: Lose 30 pounds by Saturday, April 24th
REWARD – TBD

Goal #6: Lose 40 pounds by Saturday, May 22nd
REWARD – TBD

Goal #7: Lose 50 pounds by Saturday, July 3rd

REWARD – TBD
**I’m thinking a new wardrobe!!**

Like I said, I really don’t know if I have 50 pounds to lose. We shall see. And I will be editing this every week or so.

SO HELP KEEP ME ACCOUNTABLE!!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you have 50 pounds to lose! And I would do this with you, if I wasn't pregnant!! Sugar is a big deal, I bet you feel alot better too. You can do it! -Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did you do this week?! you have inspired me to set this goal, but gonna wait til the 1st and do monthly goal for now :) and question why do you buy the diabetes testers, are you or your husband diabetic or do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would suggest cutting out the diet soda all together, it doesn't help at all. I know it is hard to cut it out cold turkey, but research has been done that states it causes you to gain weight or hinder you from losing weight (the diet soda). Also the artificial sweeteners that are in it are harmful. I have also heard that if you take soda out of your diet all together you can lose up to 56lbs in a year just from that alone!

    I am currently trying to lose thirty pounds, I have lost 8 so far. I gave up soda all together four years ago and I believe it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. You can do it! Now when I take a sip of soda it really hurts my throat.

    Keep on, keeping on!

    ReplyDelete