Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Walgreens Trip 1/20 - Profit $5.95

Here is what I got at Walgreens today:

2 Quaker Cakes - $.99 each
-Used (2) $.75 MFQ

2 Wet Ones Wipes - $2.00 each ($1.00 RR wyb 2)
-Used (2) $1.50 MFQ

2 Planters Nuts - $1.99 each
-Used $1/2 MFQ -AND-
-Used $1.00 Walgreens coupon (took off $2.00)

1 Mac n Cheese - $.59 with in ad coupon
**this was my filler item so I could use my $3.00 RR**

1 Bayer Glucose Meter - $14.99 ($5.00 RR wyb 1)
-Used MFQ - up to $30.00

Paid $.05 out of pocket, but got back $1.00 RR & $5.00 RR
Total Profit - $5.95

2 comments:

  1. Do you get a hard time at Walgreens? I used a few coupons last week and paid $1.44 total. The lady just snarled at me. Then, a friend of mine went there today to buy some shampoo that was BOGO 50% off and she had a $5 MFQ on 2. The lady snapped, "You are ALREADY getting 50% off!" and rang her coupon in for $3.40 instead of $5. She was not going to end up with any $ back, just cheap shampoo. They shouldn't be able to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That's retarded. You should call corporate about that. Something similar happened to me, I called corporate and the manager from that store called me back within hours. Weird!

    I don't think the cashiers get any training in coupon rules, so they think you are cheating them out of money. If that happens again just stand your ground and tell them they are only cheating themselves out of money bc the manufacturer reimburses them the face value of the coupon.

    I haven't had really any issues with coupons in the NRH area. There is an awesome Walgreens in Roanoke. 2 of the cashiers are couponers and they know exactly what to do and how to do it. And they don't make me feel like a criminal :)

    ReplyDelete