Monday, February 7, 2011

Meal Planning - February: Week 1 RESULTS

Here are our results for Week 1 of February Meal Planning.

Mon, 31:
Dinner – Homemade Pizza, Side Salad - We had enough left over for lunch the next day.

Tues, 1:
Dinner – Chicken Pot Pie - This was SUPER delicious. Brian actually liked it!

Wed, 2:
Dinner – Loaded Baked Potato, Veggies - This was actually very filling, and very tasty. I cooked 3 Potatoes, and used 1 of them for Au Gratin style with our Chicken Sandwich for lunch on Thursday.

Thurs, 3:
Dinner – We ended up not having BBQ Chicken, Mashed Potatoes & a Side Salad on Thursday. It was day 3 of "No School/Snow Day" and we were getting a little punchy staying at home. So we braved the ice and went to my parents house, and had homemade chicken soup.

Fri, 4:
Dinner – Chicken Casserole - Because we had 4 snow days this week, I've been in the cooking mood. So instead of Chicken Casserole (which I have pre-made in the freezer), I found this Chicken MEXICAN Casserole recipe that I wanted to try. Brian REALLY liked it.

Sat, 5:
Lunch – Chicken Sandwich, French Fries, Broccoli (Homemade Chick-fil-A)
Dinner – Family with with Grandparents (Makeup from Tuesday)

Sun, 6:
Lunch – Family Meal with Grandparents
Dinner – Large Salad with Breadsticks - HAHA so when I planned this, I totally forgot about SuperBowl Sunday! Obviously we didn't eat a salad for dinner, but we didn't go out to eat.

So the meal planning didn't work out EXACTLY how I "planned," BUT we did eat every meal at home, so the meal planning served it's purpose. We didn't go out to eat or spend any money. Yay!

Enjoy the FREE savings?
Subscribe & get updates sent directly to you  HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment