Thursday, February 3, 2011

Smart Shopping 101 + My 2 Cents

I thought I would take this time to vent/inform everyone on how you can be a smart shopper, which in turn will save you boo-koo's of money.

I was at Kroger today, shopping for my mom. As part of their Mega Event, you can get a can of Del Monte vegetables for ONLY $.26. **You don't HAVE to buy 10 of the same item to participate in the Mega Event, just 10 participating items.**

So I was standing in line, waiting to check out, and the guy in front of me had 5 cans of Kroger brand vegetables, which were on sale 10/$10. So he bought 5 cans of veggies for a total of $5.00. I thought to myself "Are you CRAZY?"

Here is how you can be a smart shopper: Buy 5 cans @ $1.00 each = $5.00 OR buy 10 cans @ $.26 each = $2.60. That guy could have bought twice as many canned vegetables for HALF the cost.

Maybe he didn't need all 10 cans, maybe he likes the Kroger brand better, maybe he just didn't look hard enough, who knows?

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

Enjoy the FREE savings?
Subscribe & get updates sent directly to you  HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment