Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meal Planning - February: Week 1, Day 2

I recently mentioned that Brian and I are trying our hand at meal planning. Monday was Homemade Pizza night. We had enough left over for our lunch on Tuesday. So the DFW Metroplex is on "lock down." Temperatures are dropping, the roads are iced over, so we are stuck at home. School was cancelled yesterday and today. Unfortunately, we were unable to go out to eat with our family for Taco Tuesday at Rosa's. I decided to make Chicken Pot Pie 1) because it's easy, 2) I wanted to use my stove/oven as much as possible to heat up the house.
HERE is the recipe I used:
1 Box - Pie crustisses ($.37/box HERE)  <---family joke
1/3 Cup - Butter
1/3 Cup - Chopped onion
1/3 Cup - Flour
1/2 tsp - Salt
1/4 tsp - Ppper
1 Can (14 oz) - Chicken broth
1/2 Cup - Milk
2 1/2 Cups - Shredded, Cooked Chicken
2 Cups - Frozen mixed vegetables

This was SO delicious. My hubby is very picky with his food, so I always ask if he likes what I cook. I got the thumbs up from him!

I think next time, I am going to triple the recipe, and freeze the filling for future use. That way all I have to do is put the frozen filling in the fridge before I leave for work to let it thaw. Then cook for dinner! Easy-Shmeezy!

Enjoy the FREE savings?
Subscribe & get updates sent directly to you  HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment