To root on our Dallas Mavericks, we had dinner at my parents house and made homemade pizza. I picked up some $.99 fresh Strawberries & Pineapple at Aldi, so we decided to make a Strawberry Pizza for dessert on the fly. I'm not putting any measurements, because depending on how big your dessert is, it's easier just to eye ball it. (Sorry about the pictures, I had to use my phone.) Here's our recipe:
Homemade Dough Recipe HERE
1. Roll out dough and place on pizza pan
2. Spread ricotta cheese on top of dough
3. Squeeze a little honey on top of ricotta cheese (You don't want to submerge it, but you do want enough to taste the sweetness)
4. Sprinkle almonds on top of honey & ricotta cheese (This provides a nice little crunch)
5. Layer strawberries on top, and pineapple if you want.
6. Top it off with a sprinkle of brown sugar.
Pop it in the oven at 450 for 15-20 minutes. It can be eaten hot or cold (I prefer cold). Serve with whipped cream or plain.
Yum!! It was SUPER delicious!
Enjoy the FREE savings?