Friday, August 27, 2010

Financial Friday - How to Make Extra Money

I am always looking for extra ways to make money. This has led me to do some thorough research, and come up with some ideas. Obviously there are tons of ways you can make a little extra, but here are a few ideas:

Cut back – In a way, cutting some expenses in your budget FEELS like you are making extra money. Don’t buy that latte, don’t stop at QT for a bag of skittles.

Baby Sit – Lots of people are looking for babysitters for a night or two. Parents need a date night every now and then. Contact some of your family & friends and let them know you are available to babysit at xx per hour. You might get a hit!

Consignment – If you have items you would like to get rid of, but don’t want to do a garage sale, consider consignment. Swagbucks consignment stores in your area, give them a call to find out their policy, and go from there.

Airport Driver – There are lots of people who don’t want to pay to leave their car at the airport, pay for a taxi, or couldn’t find someone to take them. Charge a 1 time, low fee to drive people to the airport.

Clean Houses – Who likes to clean house? NO ONE! Especially large houses AND bathrooms (oh and dishes too). Contact people who might need a little help in that department. I bet you would be a MUCH cheaper to hire than a cleaning service.

Craigslist/Amazon/Ebay – I have been able to sell a TON of stuff through Craigslist. See HERE. Any item that I think I could sell online for more of a profit than selling it at a garage sale, I’ll give it a shot. I first go through Craigslist because there is no posting charge. If I’m unable to sell it through Craigslist, I’ll try Amazon or Ebay.

Selling Plasma – I have looked into this, but have yet to give it a “shot”. (bwa ha ha) But I know people who have done this, and made a decent amount of money each month. Swagbucks your local plasma center and find out how much they pay and what the requirements are. I know my local center allows you to come in twice a week. (Just make sure you can handle needles)

Garage Sale – Of course this is a little more effort, but could be very profitable for you. I am a minimalist, so when I’m combing my house for items, anything I haven’t used in a while or could do without, I will go ahead and sell it. I made a good amount a few months ago.

Rent out a Room – If you have an extra room in your house, consider renting it out for a smaller amount than a regular apartment or duplex. I would recommend starting out by contacting family and friends to see if they know anyone who is looking to rent. You don’t want any crazies in your home.

Barter Your Skills – Everybody has a skill that can make them money, or SAVE them money. If you have something someone wants, or know someone that has something you want, consider a barter. For example, trade a hair cut for a manicure. The trick is finding someone to wants what you have and vice versa.

Aluminum Cans – I recently posted about this HERE. Start collecting your aluminum cans, take them to your local scrap yard (call ahead to make sure they pay first), and walk out with cash. I was able to make almost $80.00 doing this a few months ago.

Enjoy the FREE savings?
Subscribe & get updates sent directly to you  HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment